2016 FORBES DIAMONDS
The aim of the Forbes’ Diamonds ranking is to recognize companies that are characterized by high quality management, professionalism and dynamic development, as well as a very good quality of its products. Companies that increase their worth the quickest land on the Forbes Diamond list. Data used for the evaluation include, among others, sales, net income, value of fixed assets, of the inventories, receivables and capital investments.
From product engineering to manufacturing — a 3D metrology solution to gain control of the entire process
PolyWorks|Inspector is a powerful industrial 3D metrology software solution to control tool or part dimensions, diagnose and prevent manufacturing and assembly issues, guide assembly building through real-time measurements, and oversee the quality of assembled products by using non-contact point cloud digitizers and single-point contact-based probing devices.
Get the alignment right
Inspecting and analyzing a measured part is only possible if the digitized data is properly positioned and oriented in 3D. Typically, a measured part is aligned to its nominal CAD model to enable the extraction and comparison of nominal and measured dimensions. It can also be assembled with the surrounding mating parts in virtual 3D to check for interference issues or to analyze flush and gap deviations.
PolyWorks|Inspector offers a broad range of part alignment techniques that let users construct alignments with:
• Surfaces or cross-sections (measured-to-nominal best-fit, constrainable in rotation/translation, and within tolerance zone)
• Features (3-2-1, pairs of center points, and GD&T datum reference frames)
• Reference points and lines (RPS, surface points, and six-point nest)
• Virtual gauges (caliper, flush & gap, and airfoil)
Extract all required dimensions
At the core of the PolyWorks|Inspector workflow is the extraction of measured part dimensions and computing the deviations to their corresponding nominal dimensions. Thanks to the remarkable flexibility integrated into PolyWorks, dimensions can be extracted from measured point clouds, polygonal models built from point clouds, or probed points. Nominal dimensions can also be extracted from a CAD model or a measured reference part.
PolyWorks|Inspector delivers the complete toolbox you need to extract and analyze:
• Surface, boundary, and cross-sectional measured-to-nominal deviations
• Feature dimensions and GD&T controls (ASME Y14.5-2009 and ISO 1101, as well as PTB certified)
• Advanced dimensions such as flush and gap, profile radius, airfoil dimensions (leading edge, trailing edge, and global), assembly clearance, thickness, and more
PolyWorks|Inspector also offers real-time guidance to accurately build and inspect fixtures and jigs using single-point measurement devices.
Generate updateable reports
PolyWorks|Inspector provides an outstanding updateable reporting technology that guarantees
the exactness of a report and dramatically accelerates multipiece inspection.
Report items, such as 3D scene screenshots and result tables, are automatically updated if a project is altered. You can modify the parameters of a project, or replace the measured data points of the current piece by the data points from a new piece, knowing that the entire inspection report will be automatically updated.
Share inspection results
The PolyWorks|Viewer enables your colleagues, managers, and suppliers to review your inspection projects in 3D.
Simplify the inspection of multiple pieces
Preparing an inspection project for a multi-piece inspection task has never been this easy. With DirectReplay™, PolyWorks|Inspector literally does the work for you.
1. Create an inspection project and a report for a first piece.
2. Let DirectReplay automatically replay the same inspection on subsequent pieces.
3. Focus on acquiring the 3D measurement data of the new pieces with your point cloud digitizer, single-point measurement device, or both.
Thanks to the relational inspection architecture of PolyWorks|Inspector, zero teaching is now a reality.
Monitor your process with statistical process control (SPC)
Thanks to its multipiece project format, PolyWorks|Inspector is capable of automatically computing and updating an SPC database of multi-piece statistics for object dimensions and surface deviations. SPC databases and related analysis tools, including trend charts and statistical color maps, are very powerful tools to diagnose manufacturing or assembly issues, or to approve a tool or a part before production.